With a new year comes a new energy, the opportunity to take stock of the past year and put things in perspective for the year to come, to review our goals, to remove what does not make our heart sing, to keep only what is important, to get rid of interference.
And what if in 2017 our watchword was “SIMPLIFY”, purging our lives of what we no longer want and keeping only what serves us?
Here are a few questions to help you on this path:
- What are the beautiful things that 2016 brought you?
- What do you want to CELEBRATE? What were your disappointments and difficulties, and how did they help you grow?
- Draw a traffic light on a white page. – Next to the GREEN circle, write down: What do I want to do MORE? (What you have already done and want to continue pursuing in 2017?) – Next to the ORANGE circle, write: What do I want to learn to regulate? (What do I want to be vigilant about?) – Next to the RED circle, write: What do I want to stop because it does not serve me (or serves me badly)?
- What are the roles you play in your life? Give yourself brilliant titles for each one of these roles. Look at the different areas of your life: family, work, health, love, finances, spirituality, personal development, recreation. For each of these areas, give yourself several titles. For example, “the woman of his dreams” instead of the wife, or “genius of multi-tasking and tenderness” instead of mom, or “inspirational and inspiring messenger” instead of speaker, “brilliant CEO, stunning expert, logistics and transport genius, starred chef, cheerleader, adventurer, benevolent ambassador”… It’s up to you to play now!
- What are your goals for each of these roles? Write only goals that make your heart sing. Make sure they are specific and measurable and that when you read them you feel an impetus to move forward.
- What is THE THING that must happen in 2017? Be careful to differentiate between things that will happen no matter what and the things for which you have to free yourself of blocks but that it’s time to do this year. You are ripe, you are ready!
- UNDERSTANDING: In 2017, what do you want to unlearn? Identify limiting beliefs that create obstacles in your path. Unlearn these things that do not serve you and slow down, even prevent, your progress and fulfillment!
- RECOGNIZING: You will always have many unknowns and doubts in your life and this can disrupt you, slow you down, confuse you… but at any time you can reconnect with your truth. Among all your confusion, what do you know? What is clear? Remember your “why”. Why do you feel called to move in that direction? What makes you vibrate?
- DO: What are you going to do in 2017 starting next week? Once you have reconnected with your truth, then it is time to dare to act in accordance with this new reality. Do not postpone until later. Start now (even an inch a day) and you will see that you will already have made strides by the end of January
- What support do you need to achieve your goals? Education, resources, coaching, family, friends…? Feel free to use the full range of support options available to you!
I hope these questions will help you to move forward brilliantly, your heart swollen with audacity, to start the year beautifully! If this article has helped you, do not hesitate to share it with your loved ones and your friends.
“Christine Lewicki is a Bestselling Author, Speaker & Coach. She is committed to help people quit complaining and become entrepreneurs of their lives. You can download your FREE “I quit complaining” starter kit on her blog www.iquitcomplaining.com and visit her Facebook page for inspirational articles and quotes to reveal the best version of yourself each day!