Summer is here, the kids have put away their backpacks, the BBQ grill is ready and the Rosé is on ice! We are looking forward to a calmer rhythm and beautiful summer evenings with family and friends. Summer is a joy!
And yet, even though I really want to slow down and enjoy this season, I don’t want to have to pay for it in September. We spend so much energy working on our business growth and development all year, it would be a shame to entirely lose that momentum in the summer and have to double up our efforts in the fall to relaunch it.
What if summer became an ally to our success? What if summer was not only a source of rest and relaxation, but also a source of renewed power?
Here are my 4 tips to put summer at the service of your projects:
- Dare to create the space for your creativity. During the summer we have the luxury of more time, even if we can’t take a vacation, the days are longer and our body rythm slows down. We can ease up on our to do lists and our emails and finally enjoy exploring our creativity. Do you dream of writing? We are entering a season particularly well suited to advance on a book project or to take care of a blog. Step by step, have the gentle discipline to put your great ideas on paper.
- Create your vision for the upcoming months. As we are taking some distance from the daily spiral of activities, summer is a perfect time to reevaluate our vision for the fall. You can use techniques like Mind-mapping and answer the following questions:
- What 3 projects are closest to my heart in the next 6 months?
- What means do I have to devote to these projects? (time, competencies, money …)
- How much quality time do I want to put at the heart of my life to take care of myself? ( yoga, singing, dancing, nature walks, meditation…)
- Do I feel like enrolling in a seminar or training? (which one and how much does it cost…)
- How can I contribute more value to others? (my colleagues, teams, clients…)
- What are the 3 things that I want to implement in September to create the biggest impact in my life?
- Reconnect with the wisdom of your body and your soul. With the weight of stress and responsibility, we tend to surrender control of our lives to our brain. Our brain manages problems, finds solutions… we spend a great deal of our year reasoning, thinking, analyzing and coming up with solutions. Our brain is the boss and our future depends on its ability to analyze situations and make the right decisions. This summer, I’d like to invite you to quiet your brain and use another form of intelligence, the intelligence of your body and soul. What if your heart was seeking to tell you something? Are you ready to hear and listen? To do so, you need to disconnect from your brain a bit, create space and reconnect with your intuitive self. Danse, mediate, move, explore the possibilities of your body. Remove the blockages which prevent brilliance to emerge and dare to see the invisible, to hear the inaudible.
- Celebrate. Summer is also the time to celebrate. To celebrate what we have accomplished over the year and take the time to rejoice in the beautiful things that life has brought us and which may have gone unnoticed. Take the time to SAY thank you to significant others in your life, your spouse, family, friends, colleagues… life in general! We have such an innate ability to express our complaints and dissatisfaction, focusing on what others have done poorly or not done for us… let’s make an effort to whine ourselves from all negativity and let’s have the guts to strengthen our celebration muscle!
And if you want to use this special time of the year to establish a new powerful way of functioning in your life, you can join the 21 Day Challenge to Quit Complaining and Bitching at any time, it is free!
Want to you use this article in your newsletter, blog, or on your website? You can, as long as you include the following blurb:
“Christine Lewicki is a Bestselling Author, Speaker & Coach. She is committed to helping people quit complaining and become entrepreneurs of their lives. You can download your FREE “I quit complaining” starter kit on her blog www.iquitcomplaining.com and visit her Facebook page for inspirational articles and quotes to reveal the best version of yourself each day!